It is commonly thought by homeowners that Flood Insurance Coverage is included on a standard home policy. This is not the case – every major company excludes this protection. However, coverage is available through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

For those living in a flood-prone area, you will be required to purchase flood insurance by your lender when obtaining a home loan – as they are mandated to require by federal law. If you live outside a flood plain, very inexpensive coverage is available under the Preferred Risk Program. With your address, we can generally determine if your home is located within a flood plain.


Diehl Insurance | Phone: 513 965-0003 | Fax: 513 965-0115 |